Mrs. Helen B. Leed, 99, of Newport, passed away at home on March 13, 2021. She was the wife of the late Robert E. Leed.
Helen was born in Boston, MA to the late Neil and Julia (McCoughlin) Doherty.
Helen is survived by her daughter, Mary Watterson and her husband Robert of Newport, Rhode Island and their children, Sarah and Stephanie Watterson; her daughter, Janet Galindo and her husband Joseph of Cocoa, Florida and their children, Jimmy, Joseph and Janet Galino; and her son, Ted Smith, of Newport, Rhode Island.
She was preceded in death by her sons, Robert Leed Jr. and James Polk.
Funeral services were held on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, in the Memorial Funeral Home, Newport. Burial took place in the Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Exeter RI.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen