The Coast Guard medevaced an injured fisherman 60 miles south of Nantucket, Sunday.
At approximately 3:30 a.m., Coast Guard District One watchstanders received a notification from the crew of the commercial fishing vessel Furious, home-ported in Stonigton, Connecticut, reporting a 41-year-old crewmember who had received a hand injury and requested assistance.
A Coast Guard Air Station Cape Cod MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew launched, and safely hoisted the fisherman at approximately 7 a.m.
He was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital for care.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record