Governor McKee tweeted this morning about Rhode Island opening up more than 9,000 new appointments on vaccinateRI.org at 5 pm today for state-run sites.
As a reminder, the vaccine is currently available statewide for people who are 60 to 64, people who are 16 to 64 with certain underlying health conditions, and people who were previously eligible in Phase 1.
Joseph Wendelken, Public Information Officer for the Rhode Island Department of Health, also relayed to the press this afternoon that appointments at two independent pharmacies, Matt’s Local Pharmacy and Suburban Pharmacy in Warwick, will also be available at vaccinateRI.org at 5 pm.
Wendelken writes that a total of 400 first dose appointments will be available at these two sites (Matt’s Local Pharmacy and Suburban Pharmacy). The Moderna vaccine and Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be available.
People should go to vaccinateRI.org to make appointments for these two independent sites.
“People should not contact these two pharmacies directly. While appointments at the larger pharmacy chains (such as CVS and Walgreens) are made through those companies’ websites, appointments at independent pharmacies will be available through vaccinateRI.org. We expect additional independent pharmacies to start vaccinating in the very near future,” Wendelken writes.
All veterans are invited to attend a vaccination clinic in Swansea or Kingston this weekend.
More from the Rhode Island Department of Health here – Department of Health provides an update on the state’s COVID-19 vaccine efforts
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now