The National Weather Service has issued a “Winter Storm Warning” for the region for Sunday, February 7th. The storm is expected to impact all of Rhode Island including Newport. We’ll keep you updated all weekend.
Keep up to date on cancellations, parking bans, and more here – LIVE BLOG | Snow-Related Cancellations, Closures, and Delays
Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA 316 AM EST Sun Feb 7 2021 ....WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 1 AM EST MONDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. * WHERE...Portions of southeastern Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island. * WHEN...From 7 AM this morning to 1 AM EST Monday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Wet snow may result in isolated power outages if the higher amounts are realized. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Snow overspreads the region this morning and continues through the afternoon. The snow may begin as a brief period of rain before changing to snow. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup