“Wake The Folk Up” is a new video series from the folk at the Newport Festivals Foundation, designed “to highlight the issues that matter most to artists during these unprecedented times.” In an effort to support touring musicians, the Foundation is providing grants to artists to share their insights and songs. The episodes will premiere every other Sunday at 11AM ET and will feature a “donate what you can” model.
Episode 1 featuring Adia Victoria will premiere this Sunday, February 28, at 11AM ET on newportfolk.org. The Foundation is accepting donations that continue to support artists during the pandemic. For further details, click here.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13