As a result of severe weather that has affected distribution nationwide, the Rhode Island Department of Health announced this evening that certain COVID-19 vaccination appointments scheduled for Tuesday, February 23 are getting rescheduled. A shipment of approximately 12,400 doses of Moderna vaccine to Rhode Island did not arrive today.
The community clinics scheduled for tomorrow at the Cranston Senior Center, the Swift Community Center (in East Greenwich), and the West Warwick Civic Center are affected by this delay and are being rescheduled. People who had appointments will be contacted directly by clinic organizers.
This shipping delay could have additional impacts on some clinics currently scheduled for Wednesday. The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) will make an announcement on Tuesday about any impacts on Wednesday clinics.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record