New Bedford Folk Festival today pulled the plug on their 2021 event, which has been scheduled for July 10 and 11.
“We want you to feel safe and comfortable attending the silver anniversary of the New Bedford Folk Festival, so it has been rescheduled for next summer, July 9 & 10, 2022,” New Bedford Folk Festival wrote on Facebook on Wednesday.
The New Bedford Folk Festival typically brings together over 70 renowned and emerging folk performers and 90 juried arts and crafts vendors in New Bedford’s authentic historic district during the first weekend in July. The two-day family-oriented festival offers continuous folk music on seven stages throughout the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park and in the 1200 seat Zeiterion Performing Arts Center.
“The same artists have been invited, and the line-up will be announced soon. If you have tickets, please check your email for next steps, or let us know how you’d like to proceed here: https://zeiterion.org/ticket-options-postponed-performances/?fbclid=IwAR0aUzY6-9XZmfz7g4Ye6P4BB4478XOHPrcMmvvgAgBLDFT15Ao8-JFRMJU. See you in 2022!,” New Bedford Folk Festival concluded.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend