A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for most of the area. The storm is expected to overspread the region Monday. We’ll have updated cancellations and delays throughout the duration of the storm.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. * WHERE...Portions of northern Connecticut, central, eastern, northeastern, southeastern and western Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island. This also includes the cities of Boston, Providence, Hartford and Worcester. * WHEN...From Monday morning through Tuesday afternoon. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions will likely impact the evening commute Monday.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1
- Davis Cup will take place at the International Tennis Hall of Fame this weekend
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: Things to do, live music, and more (Sept. 17 – 19)
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager