The Newport String Project will present the second concert in their series Hidden Newport, showcasing some of Newport’s most beautiful and unusual locations through virtual chamber music concerts.
This performance, premiering on February 7th at 2 pm on YouTube, spotlights the Belmont Chapel, situated in the heart of the Island Cemetery. While its Gothic profile is a familiar sight to many, the interior is still relatively unknown. The Newport String Quartet brings to life the intricate mosaics and stained-glass art with music by Caroline Shaw and Andrea Tarrodi.
To learn more about the Belmont Chapel Foundation, visit https://belmontchapelfoundation.org.
Watch the free concert HERE on our Youtube channel.
The Latest From WUN
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network