Want this story delivered right to your inbox? Sign up to receive What’s Up In Newport Today in your inbox every morning!
What’s Up In Newport County Today
Monday, December 28
By Ryan M. Belmore
Wondering what homes sold on your street, in your neighborhood or in Newport County? WUN’s Tyler Bernadyn gives us a look at whathouses and properties in Newport County sold over the last week.
Gerry Goldstein is back with another column – this time around he’s writing about the good ol’ fashioned telegram inGerry Goldstein: What hath Putin wrought? Old-fashioned congrats
WUN’s movie critic Alexander Harrison watched 80 or so movies in 2020.Today, he shares histop 10 films of 2020, ranked according to a deeply scientific mixture of preference and assessment of quality (in other words, subjectively).
Trying to plan something fun for New Year’s Eve? Let the Newport Vineyards Culinary Team handle your NYE Celebration and/or your New Year’s Morning Brunch. This year they are offering a pre-order and pick-up program. I have an order in for the NYE: Chinese Takeout – For Two and am looking forward to a quiet and relaxing New Year’s Eve.All orders must be placed by Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 5 pm.More info here.
Speaking of New Year’s Eve, we will have a roundup of what’s happening out there (honestly, there’s not too much)published on our website later this morning.
The impact of the pandemic on every aspect of American life — jobs, families, politics, communities, health, and lives — has been named the2020 Story of the Yearby the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy.
Updated COVID-19 data was notposted byRIDOH between December 24 – 27. We expect to see all that data around noon today. We’ll bring it to youon our websitewhen it’s published.Happy Birthday today to Michael Scales, Martin Beck, Valerie Prader, and Colleen Hennessy.
The Newport Opera House originally opened 153 years ago today (December 28, 1867). For updates on their restoration and revitalization project,keep an eye on their website.
Have a great Saturday,
Appreciate what we do? Support what we do,become a What’s Up Newp Supporter.
The latest headlines from What’s Up Newp
What Sold: 16 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Dec. 20 – 27)
For the very latest news and information, visitwww.whatsupnewp.com.
A look at what’s happening In Newport County today
- Today –Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. South wind 10 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight –Mostly clear, with a low around 32. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from December 28, 07:00 AM EST until December 29, 07:00 PM EST
- Today –S wind 9 to 12 kt becoming SSW 12 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight –WSW wind around 10 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- The current water temperature in Newportis46°F.
Sun & Moon
- Sunrise: 7:11 am | Sunset: 4:24pm
- High tide at 6:22 am & 6:42 pm | Low tide at 12:27 am & 11:58 pm
- Moon: Waxing Gibbous, 13 days, 95% lighting
Things To Do
- Christmas In Newport
- 9 am –Winter Art Campat Created Purpose
- 10 am –Get Ready Get Set Get Creativeat Jamestown Philomenian Library
- 4 pm to 8 pm –Sparkling Lightsat The Breakers
JPT Film & Event CenterVirtual Screening Room
City & Government
- 7 pm –Tiverton Town Council
- Nothing scheduled.
Have a tip, story, suggestion, birthday, anniversary, new job, or any other nugget for this newsletter? Get in touch: email@example.com.
We’ll See You Out There
“Sunday’s showstopper of a sunset”. ????: kara_ann322