This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Justine M. Wesner, 77, of Portsmouth, RI passed away on Tuesday, December 1st.Justine was born in New York, NY to Edmund Iwaszczuk and Helen (Polkosnik) Iwaszczuk. She grew up in New York City and New Jersey and worked as a young woman at the Picatinny Arsenal. Upon her marriage she soon settled in Portsmouth, RI where she spent her life dedicated to her family. Justine was always active with her kids activities. She also spent many hours expressing her artistic talents with pottery and watercolors.Justine is survived by three sons David Wesner of Newport, Andrew Wesner of Middletown, and Nick Wesner of Phoenix, AZ, her brother Thomas Iwaszczuk of Topsail Island, NC and a grandson Ezekiel.A memorial service will be held at a later date, anticipated to be early spring 2021.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays