High winds, cold rain and snow will impact the area Saturday. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for much of Rhode Island with up to 6 inches expected in the northern suburbs. Please use caution when traveling.
Winter Weather Advisory from SAT 1:00 PM EST until SUN 1:00 AM EST (Issued By -Boston – MA, US, National Weather Service. Affected Area – Portions of Rhode Island and eastern and southeastern Massachusetts.)
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 1 AM EST SUNDAY… WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches. Winds gusting to 45 to 55 mph, strongest gusts over coastal Plymouth county. WHERE…Portions of Rhode Island and eastern and southeastern Massachusetts. WHEN…From 1 PM this afternoon to 1 AM EST Sunday. IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Strong winds combined with heavy wet snow could cause tree damage and isolated power outages. ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Rain changing to snow late this afternoon. A brief period of heavy snow is possible before tapering off before midnight. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now