Newport is among the most magical towns at Christmas, according to a December 6th story from Country Living.
Newport ranked 15th on the publications list of the “55 best Christmas towns to put on your holiday bucket list“.
Here’s what Country Living had to say about Newport, “You know it for its stunning Gilded Age mansions and gorgeous ocean views…but did you know that Newport also has a lot to offer in wintertime? A month-long holiday celebration (yes, you read that right!) makes it an excellent place to spend Christmas. Enjoy concerts, watch the annual tree lighting, shop at craft fairs, and even tour those majestic homes by candlelight”.
Of course, a lot of what Country Living is referring to is Christmas In Newport. Their schedule, because of COVID-19, looks a lot different this year but there is still Christmas magic to be found.
Stockbridge, MA took the number 1 spot on the list. Other New England communities on the list include Essex, CT (#5); Cape Cod, MA (#11); Manchester, VT (#12); Nantucket, MA (#18); Mystic, CT (#21); and Woodstock, VT (#36);
The Latest From WUN
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more