Portsmouth Police and the Rhode Island State Police are investigating an incident involving a 65-year-old-man being found dead on Wednesday morning outside of his home on Mare Terrace in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth Police issued the following statement just after 5 pm on December 31;
“On December 30, 2020 at approximately 8:30am the Portsmouth Police responded to 14 Mare Terrace for a reported deceased party. Upon arrival at the residence a 65 year old male, was discovered laying in the driveway of his residence. He was later identified as Richard Camara. The cause of death was not immediately apparent and officers on the scene observed the decedent to have sustained some injuries. The Portsmouth Police Detective Division, assisted by members of the RI State Police opened an investigation into the cause of Mr. Camara’s death. This is an ongoing matter, however the preliminary investigation does not appear to be of a criminal nature”.
More coverage of this incident;
Portsmouth Times – Police investigating death of 65-year-old Portsmouth man
This story is developing.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools