In anticipation of Winter Storm Gail, the Rhode Island Department of Health announced this afternoon that all State-run COVID-19 testing sites will be closed tomorrow, December 17th. State-run testing sites are the sites that people schedule at through portal.ri.gov, as well as all K-12 testing sites. Both indoor and outdoor sites are closing tomorrow.
When testing sites open again, people who had appointments for Thursday will not need to make new appointments. They can go to the site where their appointment was scheduled at any time with a print or screenshot of their confirmation notice, and they will be tested.
The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) will post information on social media and make additional announcements on when testing will resume.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City to Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children