Friday: The Dirty Knobs, led by Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), present an album release show tonight at 8PM. Celebrate their debut LP, Wreckless Abandon here.
Friday: The one and only Rickie Lee Jones will be streaming “A Night of Music and Storytelling beginning at 8PM here.
Friday: “Save Maine Stages” is holding a fundraiser to support our neighbor to the North. A new film will feature songs and words from the Ghost of Paul Revere, Lady Lamb, The Mallett Brothers Band, Weakened Friends, Rustic Overtones and more! Details here.
Friday: Up and coming folk singer-songwriter Tre Burt is live streaming as part of the “Jam in the Van” series Friday here.
Saturday: Americana great Patty Griffin will be streaming “Live from the Continental Club” in Austin, TX here.
Saturday: A longstanding tradition, Saturday night at the Grand Ole Opry is streaming performances by Russell Dickerson, Lady A, and Chris Tomlin, with host Bobby Bones. Details here.
Saturday: Rock out with Ron Gallo, streaming live “From the Acme Rooftop” at 9PM. Details here.
Sunday: “Shine a Light” is an annual fundraiser headlined by Bruce Springsteen. This year’s show premiere’s Sunday at 11AM here.
Sunday: Cold War Kids will be streaming live from LA at 9PM. Details here.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune