This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Mary C. Boyd, 89, of Tiverton, Rhode Island, passed away on October 29, 2020, at Newport Hospital.
Mary was born, January 5, 1931, in Newport, RI to Edward Sherbush and Florence (Westley) Sherbush.
Mary was married to George Boyd for 66 years, and together they raised their children.
Mary loved knitting, sewing, and quilting, and loved spending time with her grandchildren.
Mary is survived by her two daughters, Christina Wordell, of Little Compton, RI, and Patricia Gerdin, of Portsmouth, RI. She is also survived by her grandchildren; Kathleen and Jonathan Emerson, David Wordell, Kelly and Ian Gerdin and her great granddaughter, Elliana Morris
She is preceded in death by her daughter, Sheryl Emerson, her brother Edward Sherbush Jr., and her grandson, George Wordell.
Because of the restrictions in place due to COVID19, a memorial services will be held at a later date.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend