This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Mary C. Boyd, 89, of Tiverton, Rhode Island, passed away on October 29, 2020, at Newport Hospital.
Mary was born, January 5, 1931, in Newport, RI to Edward Sherbush and Florence (Westley) Sherbush.
Mary was married to George Boyd for 66 years, and together they raised their children.
Mary loved knitting, sewing, and quilting, and loved spending time with her grandchildren.
Mary is survived by her two daughters, Christina Wordell, of Little Compton, RI, and Patricia Gerdin, of Portsmouth, RI. She is also survived by her grandchildren; Kathleen and Jonathan Emerson, David Wordell, Kelly and Ian Gerdin and her great granddaughter, Elliana Morris
She is preceded in death by her daughter, Sheryl Emerson, her brother Edward Sherbush Jr., and her grandson, George Wordell.
Because of the restrictions in place due to COVID19, a memorial services will be held at a later date.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library