This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Fred “Mr. Fix It” Swarz, 83, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, passed away at home on November 18, 2020.
Fred was the husband of Emily (Salvador) Swarz for 62 years.
Fred was a general contractor, and was commonly known as “Mr. Fix It,” an avid tinkerer.
When his children were little, he coached baseball for Little League.
Fred is survived by his wife, Emily Swarz, of Portsmouth, his children, James Swarz of Tiverton, Raymond Swarz of Portsmouth, and Rebecca Marsden of Portsmouth. He also leaves his three grandchildren, Ryan Swarz, Justin Marsden, and Stephanie Marsden, all of Portsmouth, and his two great-grandchildren, Ryder and Isabella Marsden.
He was predeceased by his son, Frederick David Swarz.
Per Fred’s wishes, funeral services will be omitted.
Fred’s family would like to extend their appreciation to Southcoast Visiting Nurse Association as well as the Portsmouth Fire Department and Meals on Wheels of RI for all of their compassionate care.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck