On Saturday November 14th (1pm, 3pm) and Sunday November 15th (1pm, 3pm), the Newport String Project celebrates the Newport Art Museum’s “Call & Response” exhibition with a series of performances featuring music for string quartet from the 17th century to the present day.
These imaginatively curated concerts will feature pairings of artwork on display with eclectic musical responses selected by the NSP’s artists-in-residence, the Newport String Quartet. Composers featured in the concert include Henry Purcell, William Grant Still, Caroline Shaw, Andrea Tarrodi, and Komitas.
Tickets $25 Museum Members; $30 Non-Members; $50 Supporter Tickets
All tickets include admission to the Museum.
Tickets available at:
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill