There’s some great live music and big concerts streaming online this weekend. Check out some of our favorites below and be sure to follow all safety protocols in place. Have a great weekend!
Friday: Leyla McCalla will be streaming live at 9PM in support of her new release “Vari-Colored Songs: A Tribute to Langston Hughes” which was released today. Listen here.
Friday: The Stadium Theatre in Woonsocket has The Garcia Project live in person, playing Jerry Garcia Band favorites beginning at 8PM. Click here for details.
Saturday: Dr. Gasp, a seasonal incarnation of RI folk hero Dan Blakeslee, makes a live appearance outdoors at Askew Saturday at 5PM. Ian O’Neil of Deer Tick opens. Details here.
Friday: Phish fans will want to check out the Beacon Jams at 8PM, an eight-week virtual residency streamed live from New York City’s historic Beacon Theatre through November 27. Join Trey Anastasio and special guests here for the weekly webcast.
All Weekend: “Save Our Stages” is a three-day virtual benefit festival with artists and organizations rallying to the aid of independent music venues at risk of closing their doors permanently. The line up is heavy with big names including Demi Lovato, Leon Bridges, Foo Fighters, and The Roots. Complete details here.
Saturday: The Grand Ole Opry is streaming live in celebration of its 95th anniversary at 7:30PM with performances by Bill Anderson, Mandy Barnett, Brandy Clark, Chris Janson, and Don Schlitz with host Bobby Bones. Details here.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury