It is with great sadness that the family of Dottie Robertson Jackson announce her peaceful passing the morning of Sunday, September 17, 2020
Dottie was predeceased by her husband Robert Sr.
She will be missed by her children, Robert Jr, Richard, Ronald, and Rita as well as, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and a great-great grandchild. Also, cousins and numerous extended family members and friends
Due to the Coronavirus concerns, a private service of less than 15 people will take place at the Memorial Funeral Home in Newport, Rhode Island.
In lieu of flowers, the family prefers donations to be made in her name to the Vietnam Veterans of America. There is a form located at https://vva.org/donate/ for this.
The family would like to give Special thanks to Rita Jackson for taking time off from work these last two and a half years to care for Dottie at home full time instead of having her put in a home.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now