Just a quick shout out to my fellow Middletowners. If you haven’t voted yet, the early-in-person- voting at Middletown Town Hall couldn’t be easier! I literally had NO wait in line at 3 pm on a Thursday afternoon. So please, stop by Middletown Town Hall on East Main Road this week (8 am til 4pm) for a pleasant in-person, well-run socially-distanced voting experience.
I urge you to cast your vote for the future of democracy in our great nation, for the preservation of Middletown’s cherished open space which defines the character and spirit of our beautiful town (YES” for the Open Space Bond, Question #2) and for some fresh new voices and perspectives on Middletown Town Council like Tom Welch and Jim Miller.
Let’s all work together to shape a positive future for our community and nation.
Liz DraytonMiddletown, RI
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now