There’s great music happening around the state and streaming around the world this weekend. Many live streams are now using production crews for a high quality home experience. Check out some of our top picks below.
Friday: Alicia Keys premieres her new album in a Livestream at 6PM. Details here.
Friday: Sheryl Crow will be playing a pair of live shows Friday and Saturday night in “Songs From The Big Green Barn.” Details here.
Friday: Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy will be playing “At The Drive Inn” at 7:30 PM. Click here for details.
Friday: Rickie Lee Jones streams an “Intimate Evening with Rickie Lee Jones- Live Concert & Storytelling” beginning at 8PM/ Details here.
Friday: Jazz with Tish Adams Quartet live and streaming at 6PM. Details here.
Friday: An Outdoor show at the Pumphouse in Wakefield includes three of RI’s best bands, John Larson and the Silver Fields, the Andy Stone Band and the Bob Kendall Band. Details here.
Saturday: RI Music Hall of Famers Neal & the Vipers will be at Askew live Saturday night beginning around 7PM. Reservations recommended. Details here.
Saturday: Deer Tick will be streaming “Please Freaking Vote,” a live concert at 8PM. The RI born band will be performing Born On Flag Day in its entirety Details here.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates