On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, National Grid Gas will again be conducting required maintenance on the natural gas line on Bellevue Ave at John Street, according to Newport Police Department.
Southbound traffic will remain normal. Bellevue Ave will be closed
northbound at 9 am beginning at Memorial Blvd to Prospect Hill Street. Northbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Memorial Blvd to Spring Street and Americas Cup Ave. All homes and businesses will remain accessible.
Police officers will be onsite to facilitate the flow of traffic.
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million