This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Frances M Healy, 76, of Portsmouth, RI died peacefully on September 11th.
Frances was born and raised in Portsmouth to the late Thomas and Rita Costa. Frances was wife to the late Andrew J Healy Jr.
Frances was a long-time employee in the business office at Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. She was an avid dog lover and owned several different dogs of all breeds through the years. She loved traveling both domestically and abroad and visited several countries including Spain, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, and Thailand. She enjoyed playing card games with family which always seemed to last late at night. She also worked the concession stands for several years at Little League baseball and Pop Warner football games which she liked slightly less, but that didn’t stop her from her showing her usual friendliness to all people.
Frances is survived by her children, Joseph Healy of Providence, RI and Michael Healy of Twin Mountain, NH as well as several nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her sisters Jean Mersey and Roberta Nine and her brothers Richard “Butch” Costa and William Costa.
We’d like to thank all the kind people who took care of her the past few years including Jean, her home nurse as well as everyone at Homestead at the Grand Islander Nursing home in Middletown.
Visitation will be held on Monday, September 14th from 4 PM to 7 PM at Connors Funeral Home, Portsmouth RI. The funeral services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to Alzheimer’s and Dementia at als.org
Condolences and additional information at memorialfuneralhome.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits