This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Darlene M. Silvia, age 61, of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, passed away on September 22, 2020. She was the wife of Paul A. Silvia.
Darlene was born in Newport, RI to the late Manuel Alvanas and Joan (Frazier) Alvanas of Portsmouth.
Darlene is survived by her husband of 41 years Paul Silvia, two sons Christopher Silvia and his wife Cassie of Portsmouth and Daniel Silvia of Newport, grandson Axel Silvia, her mother Joan Alvanas of Portsmouth, and her brother Jessie Alvanas of Middletown.
She was preceded in death by her father Manuel Alvanas
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, September 27th from 2:00-4:00pm at the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
Funeral Services will be private.
Memorial donations may to Hope Health Hulitar Hospice Center at https://www.hopehealthco.org/ways-to-give/donatenow/
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)