I am writing in support of building a new state of the art high school, which is badly needed. As a nurse educator from Northwest Pennsylvania now living with my family in Newport, I am well aware of this issue and its importance to the larger community. I worked at a university where at first my department was in an old, decrepit building. It was difficult to teach when the technology would not work or did we have enough seats. The state built our department a new building with all of the technology and learning labs required. It was a real treat to teach in that building and the new environment enhanced learning for the students. I firmly believe that my grandchildren deserve the best education possible, as do all the children in Newport. The new building will certainly make that possibility a reality.
Alice Conway PhD RN, FNP-BC retired
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now