Jamestown, RI – Hogan Associates today announced the September 9, 2020 sale of “Channel Bells,” a marquee estate, at 27 Newport Street in Jamestown, RI for $3,078,500.
Caroline Richards of Hogan Associates represented the Buyers and Judy Chace and Erin Marsh of Mott and Chace Sotheby’s International Real Estate represented the sellers, according to Hogan Associates.
Neither the sellers or buyers were identified by Hogan Associates.
Perched on the second highest point in Jamestown, Channel Bells is a 4,750 square foot Victorian Cottage nestled in the desirable “Dumplings” neighborhood. Originally built in 1887 and named after the channel markers tolling in the nearby sea, this property has undergone several iterations and weathered many storms, standing up to the test of time. With incredible vistas of the Newport and Mount Hope bridges to the north and Castle Hill and the Atlantic Ocean to the south, there is no shortage of maritime activity to soak in.
“My clients were immediately taken with the wrap-around views, the interior character and magical feeling you get when you walk up the drive of 27 Newport,” said buyer’s agent Caroline Richards in a statement. “I am so thrilled for my clients who genuinely appreciate the history and charm of this special home; they will be the perfect stewards of Channel Bells.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits