An special album to benefit a beloved music venue in Providence has just been released. The Parlour has hosted national touring artists and local acts in recent years, while supporting numerous emerging bands and holding frequent fundraisers. “Everyone’s Welcome – A Benefit Compilation For The Parlour” is now available on Bandcamp here.
The album is a special collection of tunes ranging from hip-hop to rock, ghost-folk to jazz. It features songs from some of RI’s best indie musicians, including Chachi Carvalho, John Farone, Consuelo’s Revenge and Barn Burning. If you’re just getting into local music, its a excellent introduction to 20+ artists. You can also support The Parlour by donating to their GoFundMe campaign here.
We’ll continue to post stories regularly about ways to support local businesses who are struggling during these times. Let us know if you have any unique programming scheduled and we’ll do our best to help get the word out.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits