Pastor Paul Hoffman, lead pastor of Evangelical Friends Church of Newport, will join us to discuss his latest book, “Reconciling Places: How to Bridge the Chasms in our Communities,” that was recently published.
In Reconciling Places, pastor and scholar Paul Hoffman introduces laypeople and ministry leaders to a “theology of reconciliation” that equips Christians to act as reconcilers and bridge builders, wherever they are and whatever issues divide their communities.
For more info on the book, visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1532651228/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i1
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits