Over the last two weeks, What’s Up Newp has spent twenty-three hours interviewing nearly two dozen candidates who are running for local office. Before the Primary on September 8th, we’ll spend another dozen or so hours interviewing more candidates and bringing you more of the important election information that you want and need.
It’s all part of our effort to help you be as informed about the candidates and issues as possible.
What’s Up Newp’s election coverage is always a big part of our work. Upwards of 97,400 users have already visited our website so far this month, with the vast majority of visitors reading our Election 2020 coverage.
This year, things are different;
- In some races, there are more people running for office than at any time in recent history.
- The majority of candidates aren’t going door to door to meet and converse with voters, due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Many voters are voting by mail or voting early due to COVID-19 concerns.
- There are fewer journalists and publications doing this important work.
With that said, us bringing the candidates, and their plans and campaigns, to you is more important now than ever.
And, it doesn’t stop on September 8th. All the way up to the General Election on November 3rd, we will be bringing you candidate interviews, forums, stories on campaign finances, details on the bond questions, and much more.
Our entire team is up to the challenge of bringing you the most in-depth and complete local 2020 Election coverage possible, but we need your help to make sure it gets done.
Our newsroom and business is now powered mostly by What’s Up Newp supporters. To ensure we have the resources to properly cover this critical moment in history, we’re asking for your support today.
If you have the means, will you support us?
Please Note: What’s Up Newp is a for-profit locally owned, independent online news publisher. While contributions do get poured right back into our coverage of serving you and our community, they are NOT tax-deductible.
Thank you for being a What’s Up Newp reader and supporter, we appreciate you!
~ Ryan Belmore & the What’s Up Newp crew.
Best of Rhode Island
On Thursday night, What’s Up Newp was named Best Local News Blog – Statewide by Rhode Island Monthly and their readers!
It is the third year in a row that we have received this special recognition, thank you for all who nominated and voted for us!
More From What’s Up Newp
- Granny Squibb partners with Rhode Island Spirits to benefit Save The Bay
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8