This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Mary VanDeusen, age 87, of Middletown, Rhode Island, passed away on August 4, 2020.
Mary was born in Newport, RI to Anthony and Catherine (Leyden) Silvia. Mary married Ernest VanDeusen of Oneonta, NY, on July 26, 1952.
Mrs. VanDeusen was a communicant and Eucharistic Minister at St. Lucy’s Catholic Parish for many years. She also spent some of her time volunteering as a driver for Meals on Wheels.
Mary is survived by her son, Ernest A. VanDeusen Elaine, adored grandchildren, Shane B. VanDeusen of Warwick, and Jessica VanDeusen of Barrington and her daughter-in-law, Elaine VanDeusen.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Ernest D. VanDeuse, and her parents, Anthony and Catherine Silvia.
Mass of Christian Burial for Mrs. VanDeusen will be held on Tuesday, August 11, 2020, at 9:00 AM at St. Lucy’s Church.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Mrs. VanDeusen’s memory to Visiting Nurse Home and Hospice, 1184 East Main Rd., Portsmouth, RI, 02871 https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/visitingnursehh
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits