This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Alice D. Simas, 90, of Newport, RI, passed away peacefully at home on August 27, 2020.
Alice was born in Newport, RI to the late Joseph Pasquale and Mary (Freitas) Pasquale. She was the wife of the late Albano M. Simas.
Alice is survived by children, Raymond Simas, Albano Simas, Jr., Kenneth Simas, her sister Josephine Magnuski.
She was preceded in death by her daughters, Barbara Silvia, Joan Peckham, husband Albano M. Simas, her parents, Joseph and Mary Pasquale, brothers George Pasquale, Frank Pasquale, Joseph Pasquale, Manuel Pasquale, James Pasquale, Benjamin Pasquale, and Matthew Pasquale, her sisters, Alexandria Sylvia, Mary Pasquale, Rose Sylvia, and Irene DelRoss.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, August 30th from 2:00 to 4:00 PM at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport RI.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Jesus Saviour Church, 1 Vernon Avenue, Newport, RI on Monday, August 31st at 9:30AM.
Burial will be private.
Memorial donations can be made to Visiting Nurse Home and Hospice at their website https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/visitingnursehh
Additional information at memorialfuneralhome.com
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses