Newport, RI – Awful awful news for Newport Creamery fans.
The Newport Creamery located at 181 Bellevue Avenue in Newport has closed for the remainder of the year due to COVID-19.
A sign placed on the window states; “Due to the pandemic this location will be closed until further notice. Please visit our location at 208 West Main Road in Middletown open daily from 7 am -11 pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.
On Wednesday morning, the company confirmed the news with What’sUpNewp saying that the location is temporarily closed due to COVID-19 and that they plan on opening it back up next spring.
Newport Creamery also has locations in Barrington, Coventry, Cranston, Greenville, Middletown, North Kingstown, Providence, Warwick, Fall River, MA, and Seekonk, MA.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits