This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Julie A. Koster, 69, of Coventry, RI, passed away peacefully, surrounded by family, on July 7, 2020.
Julie was born in Brooklyn, NY to the late Frank and Julie Kane. Julie was the wife of Thomas Koster for 49 years.
In addition to her husband, Julie is survived by her son Michael T Koster, his wife Jacqueline L Koster of West Greenwich, and her two loving grandchildren children Emily and Andrew Koster.
Julie was a resident of Middletown for 28 years and a parishioner of St. Lucy’s Church during that time. Julie and her husband recently took a two-year vacation in the smokey mountains of Tennessee making many friends and enjoying new experiences before returning to Rhode Island to spend time with her two grandchildren who lovingly call her Mema. Julie will be missed by all who know her.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her brother Frank Kane.
Services will be private.
Memorial donations can be made to The Potter League for Animals, 87 Oliphant Ln, Middletown, RI 02842.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune