This obituary originally appeared on O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home.
David Lloyd Goldberg, born August 12th, 1956, passed away on Monday, July 13, 2020 in San Antonio, Texas. David was born in Newport, Rhode Island to Harvey and Phyllis (Grebstein) Goldberg, and grew up in Middletown.
He graduated with his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Rhode Island and worked as a bookkeeper in Massachusetts and Kansas City, Missouri, before moving to San Antonio to work as a teacher and caregiver.
David epitomized the principle of letting loved ones know regularly how you feel about them. He acknowledged every occasion with loving words on the cards he sent without fail to his family members. He connected regularly with all of us, always curious about his niece and nephews’ activities and if they were happy and healthy. If you were lucky enough to be loved by David, you knew it.
David leaves his siblings Mark, Arthur and Elaine, his nephews Noah, Mago, and Conor and his niece Rebecca.
A private funeral was held at Beth Olam Cemetery in Middletown, where he was buried near his parents, as was his wish. Donations in David’s memory can be made to a charity of your choice or to Jewish Family Services, San Antonio online: www.jfs-sa.org/donate/ or by mail: Jewish Family Service, Attn: Donation, 12500 NW Military Hwy #250, San Antonio, TX 78231.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13