Lucy’s Hearth, Newport County’s only homeless shelter for children and their families, announced this week its virtual summer concert, We Love Lucy’s Hearth, scheduled to air Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00pm. The show’s link will be available at Lucy’s Hearth’s website: lucyshearth.org
The Suggested donation is $25. Visit lucyshearth.org for donation and viewing details.
Several fabulous local musicians are coming together to play love songs and show Lucy’s Hearth some love. Musicians scheduled to appear include Nancy Paolino, Alan Bernstein, Mike Renzi, Slackwater String Band, John Monllos, Joanne Rodino, DopeyLopes, Jimmy Winters, Carrigan Nelson, Jonathan Perry, Leslie Grimes and Matt Bruneau.
Concert organizer and Lucy’s Hearth board chair Mark Gorman is looking forward to a wonderful virtual concert. “Lucy’s Hearth is a huge success story and we’re thrilled that these musicians are stepping forward to raise some much-needed funds for the homeless children and families living at Lucy’s,”
Gorman said. “Being homeless during this pandemic places additional stress on these families and the services provided by Lucy’s Hearth are needed now, more than ever.”
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf