Lucy’s Hearth, Newport County’s only homeless shelter for children and their families, announced this week its virtual summer concert, We Love Lucy’s Hearth, scheduled to air Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00pm. The show’s link will be available at Lucy’s Hearth’s website: lucyshearth.org
The Suggested donation is $25. Visit lucyshearth.org for donation and viewing details.
Several fabulous local musicians are coming together to play love songs and show Lucy’s Hearth some love. Musicians scheduled to appear include Nancy Paolino, Alan Bernstein, Mike Renzi, Slackwater String Band, John Monllos, Joanne Rodino, DopeyLopes, Jimmy Winters, Carrigan Nelson, Jonathan Perry, Leslie Grimes and Matt Bruneau.
Concert organizer and Lucy’s Hearth board chair Mark Gorman is looking forward to a wonderful virtual concert. “Lucy’s Hearth is a huge success story and we’re thrilled that these musicians are stepping forward to raise some much-needed funds for the homeless children and families living at Lucy’s,”
Gorman said. “Being homeless during this pandemic places additional stress on these families and the services provided by Lucy’s Hearth are needed now, more than ever.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1