Services have resumed in a limited capacity at the Tiverton and Union Public Libraries after a 3-month closure due to the COVID-19 crisis, Tiverton Library announced this week.
Patrons may now browse in a limited area, use public computers, and request items from other libraries in the Ocean State Libraries consortium. All patrons must wear a face mask while in the building. Library materials are being quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours upon return and all fees associated with the delayed check-in will be waived. Meeting rooms will be unavailable until further notice. The Book Nook is open, but book donations are not being accepted at this time. To help protect others, please do not visit the library or return your materials if you or a loved one are ill.
For details about all of their available services, visit our website tivertonlibrary.org or call during normal service hours.
Building hours for limited browsing, computer use, and indoor material pick-up at Tiverton Public Library are:
Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 11am to 2pm
Tuesday and Wednesday 11am to 6pm
Tiverton Public Library is maintaining normal service hours for outdoor material pick-up and phone reference calls:
Monday – Thursday 10am to 8pm
Friday 10am to 5pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Those wishing to browse the collection at Union Public Library should call to schedule an appointment 401-625-6799.
Tiverton Public Library, 34 Roosevelt Avenue, Tiverton, RI 02878 401-625-6796
Union Public Library, 3832 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878 401-625-6799
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits