Governor Raimondo and the the Department of Health will provide an update on COVID-19 in Rhode Island during a press briefing at 1 pm today.
What’s Up Newp will carry it live below and on our Facebook Page as it happens.
Updates from the Press Briefing
Gov: Press briefings this week at 1 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Gov: Regarding data – “Rhode Island is in a good place”, she says.
Gov: State had to close Lincoln Woods and Colt State Park due to capacity limits over the weekend. Reminders Rhode Islanders to be patient and understanding.
Gov: Reminds close contact and hospitality employees that they can now get tested for COVID-19 for free. portal.ri.gov.
Gov: Sail Courses – Launching for students to provide fun, educational opportunities for those who need/want it throughout the summer. RIDE website will have more information.
Gov: Statewide graduation celebration is tonight on PBS at 7 pm.
Director of Health: Total increase in fatalities since Saturday is 18.
The Latest Rhode Island Data
RIDOH reports today that there are 32 new positive cases (total now 16,093), six additional deaths (total now 851), 127 are currently hospitalized (21 currently in ICU, 14 on a ventilator).
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup