Salve Regina University on Wednesday wrote on social media that they were recently made aware of public social media posts of a threatening nature made by a prospective student that violate their Mercy mission.
“This individual is no longer enrolled at the University. Public threats of violence are a clear violation of Salve Regina’s mission, which strives to foster a welcoming and compassionate environment that is free of all forms of hate and discrimination,” the school wrote.
No other further information or comment was provided by the school.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup