This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
Geech, AKA William K. Earley, 65, born January 3, 1955 in Newport RI, passed peacefully at home surrounded by his loved ones. He was a Tiverton High School graduate. He enjoyed spending time with his whole family, especially his grandchildren and great children playing cars and barbies. Geech is preceded in death by his mother, Delores E. Early (Gomes) and his father William Earley. He is survived by his daughters, Michaela Davis of Norfolk, VA & her husband, Jackie Hale & Tear Cruz of Warren, RI, and son Chaz of Washington State. As well as his 6 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, 1 brother and 7 sisters.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 25, 2020 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport. Please understand, due to the pandemic, facemasks are required and there will be a longer than usual wait time to pay your respects to the family.
Funeral Services will be private due to limited gatherings at this time.
Additional information at www.memorialfuneralhome.com
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits