This obituary originally appeared on O’Neill Hayes Funeral Home.
Marie Dawn Moore of Middletown, RI passed away on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
Born July 15, 1965 in Newport, RI, she was a daughter of Robert C. and Anne P. (O’Hara) Moore of Middletown, RI.
Marie was a graduate of Middletown High School Class of 1983 and graduated University of Rhode Island in 1987. She dedicated nearly 30 years to Phoenix House. She was caring, supportive and dedicated to improving the lives of her clients. Marie was a 15 year cancer survivor and loved life. She loved to read, travel watch the Red Sox and Patriots. Most of all she loved spending time with her family, friends, and dog Chloe.
Besides her parents, Marie is survived by her sister Kimberly Camuso and her husband Alan of Derry, NH, brother Christopher Moore of Middletown, RI, her nephews, Matthew Hadfield of Bakersfield, CA, Sean Hadfield stationed in Fairbanks, AK and Michael Hadfield stationed in Germany, many aunts, uncles, friends and her beloved dog, Chloe.
A celebration of life will be held Tuesday, June 16 at 9:00 am, St Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Rd, Middletown, RI. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, face coverings are required. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Marie’s memory may be made to the Phoenix House New England, 99 Wayland Ave, Suite #100, Providence, RI 02906.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport
- On This Day In History – September 21 – 22, 1963: Video of President John F. Kennedy and family at Hammersmith Farm
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits