Governor Gina Raimondo and the Rhode Island Department of Health will host a press briefing at 1 pm on Friday, June 26th to provide an update on COVID-19 in Rhode Island.
Scroll down for data and updates
The Latest Data
Updates From Press Briefing
Gov: Press conferences next week are on Monday and Wednesday at 1 pm. There will be a lot of Phase 3 info next week, Gov says.
Gov: Will make an announcement on Monday on when Rhode Island will enter Phase 3. Governor’s Executive Order for Phase 2 expires at end of day on Monday.
Gov: Says she will also announce travel restrictions on Monday.
Gov: Urges parents to call their doctors to schedule vaccines for their children.
Director of Health:On 7 new deaths, 2 in 70s, 2 in 80s, 3 in 90s.
Director of Health: On MIS-C (Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children), the new, rare condition some kids are coming down with that may be tied to COVID-19 exposure. RI confirmed its first case of MIS-C yesterday, she confirms. Says that MIS-C is not contagious.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert