In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and adhere to social distancing guidelines issued by the Rhode Island Department of Health, the City of Newport on Thursday announced new capacity limits for Bailey’s Beach East, commonly known as Reject’s Beach.
Effective Friday, June 19, 2020, the City will be limiting the number of people permitted on the beach to a maximum of 200 individuals at any time.
The capacity limit will be enforced by security personnel from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., Friday through Sunday, and will remain in place until further notice. Newport Police Department staff will also be monitoring the beach for overcrowding throughout the week.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert