Bowen’s Wharf today announced that they have cancelled the 5th Annual Newport Oyster Festival and the 30th Annual Seafood Festival, due to COVID-19.
“Bowen’s Wharf regrets to announce that both the 5th Annual 2020 Newport Oyster Festival as well as our 30th Annual Seafood Festival has been canceled. Although we are saddened on this year’s cancellations, the safety of our staff, sponsors, and attendees is at the forefront of our priorities. Thank you for your continuing support. We look forward to celebrating with you all next year. Please stay safe and healthy. https://bowenswharf.com/events/,” Bowen’s Wharf posted on social media today.
The Bowen’s Wharf Newport Oyster & Chowder Festival was originally scheduled for May 15th to 17th, before being postponed to July 3 -5. The Bowen’s Wharf Seasfood Festival was scheduled for October 17th – 18th.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals