AT&T has rolled out its 5G network to 137 additional markets across the United States, including here in Newport County, Rhode Island according to Lucas Manfredi for Fox Business.
This 137 additional markets expands access to more than 160 million customers using compatible devices.
See the full list here of markets where 5G was expanded here.
Newport County was the only Rhode Island area included in AT&T’s rollout this week. The additional 5G coverage area appears to help with coverage along the eastern part of Aquidneck Island, Little Compton, and sections of Newport.
According to AT&T, 5G service requires a compatible devise and compatible plan.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals