For Bekah Salwasser, a Brown University graduate and former professional soccer player and now executive director of the Red Sox Foundation, the rewards come by way of helping to find food for those displaced by COVID-19; by helping organizations cope with their community’s mental health needs; or by way of an 11-year-old boy, his father incarcerated, who’s being given hope and a possibility for future success.
WUN’s Frank Prosnitz caught up with Bekah to talk about the Red Sox Foundation, and Bekah’s commitment to the community.Listen to “Bekah Salwasser, Executive Director of Red Sox Foundation” on Spreaker.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals