The Stage II Application for a new Rogers High School and addition at Pell Elementary School has been approved and is moving on.
The Newport City Council will now review the recommendation and will vote on putting the school construction bond question on the November ballot, which would allow the public to make the final decision on the project.
Back in February, Newport School Committee and Newport City Council approved the submittal of the Rhode Island Dept of Education Stage II application to build a new high school and construct an addition at Pell Elementary School.
This story is developing, What’s Up Newp will follow up with reaction and more information.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill