Dana E. Luther, 81, of Portsmouth, RI, passed away on May 25, 2020. Dana was born in New York City, NY to Ira and Margaret Zwicker. Dana was the wife of Keith W. Luther for 34 years.
Dana was a graduate of Hartford Hospital School of Nursing. She worked as a Registered Nurse for over 40 years, the majority of those at Newport Hospital.
In addition to her husband, Dana is survived by her daughter Sharon Benson and husband Jay, her sister Kathryn Miller and husband Jerry, sister-in-law Mary Luther, grandchildren Jonathan and Melissa Benson.
She was preceded in death by her parents and brother-in-law Kent Luther.
Memorial donations can be made to the Potter League for Animals or St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
The current environment has prevented her family from receiving guests as they would prefer, so we encourage all friends and family to reach out to her family to show your support. Please call or write to them directly or you may leave your name and a memory on the digital guest book at memorialfuneralhome.com
This obituary originally appeared on Memorial Funeral Home.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour