As Main Street Hospitality Group prepares for the summer opening of its first management contract in Rhode Island, CEO Sarah Eustis announced today the appointment of Freddie Brooks as assistant general manager of Hammetts Hotel.
“It is a great pleasure to welcome Freddie Brooks to the Hammetts Hotel leadership team,” said Eustis in a statement. “His leadership skills, entrepreneurial spirit and operational capabilities will be valuable assets to support the successful launch and continued progression of this new property.”
Reporting to General Manager Randi Milewski, Main Street Hospitality Group says Brooks will “shape and mold the Hammetts Hotel team by recruiting and hiring top hospitality talent, along with training and managing front office and housekeeping employees to ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction. Additionally, Brooks will spearhead the development of the hotel’s departmental structures and systems laying the groundwork for the hotel’s success”.
With nearly 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry working primarily in Rhode Island hotels, including two properties in Newport, Brooks brings a wealth of knowledge and regional understanding to Hammetts Hotel, according to the group. Brooks is well-accomplished in customer service, staff training, group sales and has received numerous accolades for his superior leadership and spirit to serve.
Prior to his new role, Brooks was the director of rooms at the Hilton in Providence, RI. Before that he was the general manager at the Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel in Warwick, RI. Additional positions include leadership roles at the Wyndham Resorts in Newport, RI, along with a variety of Marriott properties throughout Rhode Island including the Newport Marriott Hotel where he spent 11 years of his career.
The hotel is expected to open in June.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Concert Recap and Photos: Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley at Leader Bank Pavilion (September 21, 2021)
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates